Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic 60's Theme (pictures resized) (Read 94 times)
Normpo
Forum Administrator

Re: 60's Theme (pictures resized)
Reply #5 - Nov 10th, 2019 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
Bumping this up -- a lot of the posts on THIS board were posted long ago and a lot of the Internet links are "broken" by now so you can't view the pics.  I'll try to bump up those that still work.

IP Logged

nas
Supreme Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: 60's Theme
Reply #4 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 8:51pm
Print Post  
A great trio of photos.  My favourite is the first one.  The muted colours are very appealing.

IP Logged

DianeEsk
Supreme Member

Reply #3 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
Mel/Pro,

I hadnt noticed before reading Prosaic's response but they do have a chronological feel to them and agreed would be more effective presented in a horizontal format.

Diane

IP Logged

prosaic
Gold Star Member

I Love Cafe Poetica!

Reply #2 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 8:26am
Print Post  
Hi MD,

You might consider displaying these as a triptych; I think that might work well (first in centre I would think?).

These are not just a 1960s theme. They are a post-1960s reflection on that era. That is important, as they do not look like they were shot in the 1960s but, rather, view then as being enshrouded in time's fog. Creating a pastiche of the 1960s would have been easier: more brash colour and design; longer shot and no fade. Instead, you have chosen an approach with more integrity; an approach which says something different.

Moreover, these are also portraits...

I assume of your sister?

She has a fascinating face for portraiture, which you utilize very well. It is a young, fresh face with playfulness dancing upon it, perhaps as one might hope and expect of the young. However, there is also a somewhat enigmatic depth which you capture so well.

The first shot seems to be a girl calling through time from the 1960s. Sure the aforementioned fading helps here but also the model's expression and head angle suggest someone trying to make contact with us from the past ("The past is another country - they do things differently there." - LP Hartley (or Lee!))

The second shot is playfully posed but the model's expression / eyes suggest far more depth. As is the hands represent a cage, from which she knows she will not escape.

The third shot is the most conventional and, for me, says less than t'other two. Nevertheless, it is still excellent. It seems to represent a young person looking toward the future.

So I think your three shots maybe past / present / future - all looking back to a girl in the 1960s. Maybe I was wrong about that triptych order - they should be as displayed - left-to-right as you have them top-to-bottom.

Very well done to both you and your model.

Thanks muchly.

ep.

IP Logged

DianeEsk
Supreme Member

Reply #1 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 4:57am
Print Post  
Melody,

A nice collection of very fine shots. The first photo is my favorite, very nice effect, definitely fits the 60's theme with the colors and flowers in the background.

Diane
« Last Edit: Aug 18th, 2008 at 4:58am by DianeEsk »  

IP Logged

Melody Dancer
Topic Starter Topic Starter

***Niiiiiiiiice**

60's Theme (pictures resized)
Aug 18th, 2008 at 4:30am
Print Post  
« Last Edit: Aug 19th, 2008 at 12:35am by Melody Dancer »  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1