Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Checking In (Read 185 times)
Normpo
Forum Administrator

Re: Checking In
Reply #6 - Oct 27th, 2023 at 11:02pm
Print Post  
Norman_D_Gutter wrote on Jan 17th, 2020 at 2:27pm:
Good morning, all. An old friend here, checking in from The Dungeon, about to start my writing day. Hoping to put the finishing touches on a short story today and self-publish it to Amazon.

I retired Jan 1, 2019, so just over a year ago. Have been trying to figure out what the new normal is and have been writing a lot—just not poetry. Poetry no longer comes to me, either by inspiration or perspiration. In the past ten years I've written maybe a dozen poems, mainly haiku, cinquains, and one villanelle. My writing has been in prose, and I have about 30 items self-published, 18 of these being book-length. One of those is my only poetry book, Daddy-Daughter Day.

I don't know that I'll be around a lot, but now that I got in (by trial and error on user names and passwords) I won't be a total stranger.

Best Regards,
NDG

It's been three years since your "Checking In"  Maybe this time more riders/writers will return  --smile--

IP Logged

Normpo
Forum Administrator

Reply #5 - Oct 27th, 2023 at 10:56pm
Print Post  
Nas: "Feels like stepping back in time, returning here" --- yes! Really! --- and further back you go in the pages, it gets very nostalgic for me. Especially the Retreat posts.

IP Logged

nas
Supreme Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - Oct 27th, 2023 at 10:48pm
Print Post  
Feels like stepping back in time, returning here

IP Logged

Prose

I Love YaBB 2.6.12!

Reply #3 - Oct 26th, 2023 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
I'm just checking in.

IP Logged

Just_Daniel
Supreme Member

Slow down; things will
go faster. ~ djr

Reply #2 - Jan 23rd, 2020 at 12:21am
Print Post  
Great to see your name here, David. Glad you contacted me on Facebook, so here you are!  Keep writing.  Perhaps a poem will yet arise.  deLighting to see your name, Daniel  Cool

IP Logged

sierra
Gold Star Member

Reply #1 - Jan 19th, 2020 at 12:47am
Print Post  
Hello NDG, I'm glad to see that another member has gotten in!  I lost my password some time back, then Norm sent out the emails (that was a while ago now) and I was able to get back in again.  But now most of the members have gone.  Hopefully, it will get moving again!   

I recognize your name so I'm sure I've read your work here before.  My husband just retired so I can understand your new navigation process really well.   I hope to read something from you here soon Smiley

Yvonne

IP Logged

Norman_D_Gutter
Topic Starter Topic Starter

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Checking In
Jan 17th, 2020 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
Good morning, all. An old friend here, checking in from The Dungeon, about to start my writing day. Hoping to put the finishing touches on a short story today and self-publish it to Amazon.

I retired Jan 1, 2019, so just over a year ago. Have been trying to figure out what the new normal is and have been writing a lot—just not poetry. Poetry no longer comes to me, either by inspiration or perspiration. In the past ten years I've written maybe a dozen poems, mainly haiku, cinquains, and one villanelle. My writing has been in prose, and I have about 30 items self-published, 18 of these being book-length. One of those is my only poetry book, Daddy-Daughter Day.

I don't know that I'll be around a lot, but now that I got in (by trial and error on user names and passwords) I won't be a total stranger.

Best Regards,
NDG

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint