Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Dark Love (Read 107 times)
deathraider
Topic Starter Topic Starter

Re: Dark Love
Reply #3 - Mar 2nd, 2006 at 10:03pm
Print Post  
Wow, thanks for being so specific Smiley.

IP Logged

iPoesy

Reply #2 - Mar 2nd, 2006 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
Like you, I write songs. I know how labor intense it can become and how, on a personal level, it can bring sensations of joy and of disappointment.

This song should bring you great joy. It is thorough; it is comprehensive and it demonstrates a keen understanding of melody and composition.

As for the title, I find it appropriate but a bit casual - maybe overused is the appropriate response. I read other suggestions and they are wonderful but let me just tell you what I was feeling while listening to your work.

I felt the energy of movement; the sensation of travel; to use the venacular, I felt carried away; transmitted and transformed by it.

The distancing was not a sad one but more like a new beginning. A shell cracking, a beak poking through, a cocoon falling away; a birthing; a coming forth. Any word or title that would fit this feeling would best describe your most accomplished effort. Some words to consider might be:

Nascency: Coming into existence; emerging
Nativic Travail: birth work

I felt metamorphic energy. I hope this helps.  Smiley
« Last Edit: Mar 2nd, 2006 at 4:25pm by iPoesy »  
WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Tim
Supreme Member

Reply #1 - Mar 1st, 2006 at 10:21am
Print Post  
Okay, i have listen to this piece three times in a row. i like it alot. But i don't agree with the name at all. Maybe i have listened to too much Tchaikovsky, where everything is swung into the melodramatic ends, i don't find this piece to be very dark. It swims more in the shades of grey with a few peaks and it starts out early in a valley but never seems to find it back there. 
Something more like "Amour_Melancholia", perhaps. 
If it weren't so fluid, i would give it a name like "Dolor".
This indecision is based on the fact that i label poetry and not music. Your piece touched me.
It just feels more like a lament or remembrance.
Got it! How about "Memento" or "Remnants"? If you wanted something with a little more complexity you could try "Remanence". Definition: (noun) 1. The state or quality of remaining; also, that which remains (such as the person playing the song). 2. In electricity: That part of magnetic induction remaining in a material after the removal of an applied magnetomotive force. the ending especially seems to cause me to linger not in darkness but in a lighter finality. It could use a slightly stronger/sharper note at the end or the recording equipment used just didn't quite capture the last few notes. Hard to tell since, again, i am not a musician myself. You could try asking isaac as he is a singer/songwriter/musician but his taste falls more into country music.
Hope this helps D.R. and thanks for letting me enjoy your work. Good luck on the title hunt. Cheers!

IP Logged

deathraider
Topic Starter Topic Starter

Dark Love
Feb 26th, 2006 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
Hi, I'm a young composer (I'm 15, in case you haven't come across me before), and I wanted some feedback on a piano solo of mine.   For one, I want to know if my title is poetically fitting, and second I want to know what people think of the actual music part of it.  It's called Dark Love.

http://www.angelfire.com/ut2/kidstories/Amour_Noir.mp3
« Last Edit: Mar 1st, 2006 at 9:09am by deathraider »  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint