Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Howdy, y'all. (Read 15 times)
Just_Daniel
Supreme Member

Slow down; things will
go faster. ~ djr

Re: Howdy, y'all.
Reply #3 - Nov 10th, 2019 at 12:42am
Print Post  
Hey, Eric.  Happy birthday, and I'm thrilled that you have discovered a new life there in the Philippines. deLighting in all that you've shared, Daniel  Cool

IP Logged

dericlee
Topic Starter Topic Starter
Gold Star Member

"Shiny!  Let's be bad
guys."

Reply #2 - Nov 6th, 2019 at 12:03am
Print Post  
Norm, I'm learning the truth of the things I was told by the friend who suggested I come here. It's CHEAP...I rent a small house for 5000 pesos a month, which is roughly$100.

The people are warm and welcoming. A couple months ago, waiting for Nancy outside the market, I lost consciousness on the street. I woke up on a stranger's couch, where 4 local teens had carried me while a fifth waited to show Nancy where I was. You can imagine how that might have worked out...elsewhere.

The ocean is clear and never cold. Snorkeling has become my therapy, my exercise and my great pleasure.

And if a Filipina loves you, she will do everything in her power to make your life a paradise on earth. I love my new family with my whole heart!

IP Logged

Normpo
Forum Administrator

Reply #1 - Nov 5th, 2019 at 11:02pm
Print Post  
So great to hear from you, Eric!! You deserve the best and it sounds like things are more on the upside for ya' now.  I'll write you some instructions on how to post the pics -- it "ain't too intuitive, though" as I remember.

Don't be a stranger... the old gang WILL show up -- I am confident!

Norm

IP Logged

dericlee
Topic Starter Topic Starter
Gold Star Member

"Shiny!  Let's be bad
guys."

Howdy, y'all.
Nov 5th, 2019 at 10:46pm
Print Post  
Greetings from my new home in the wonderful Philippines!

Life here is hot and sweaty and...beautiful. I've never encountered a whole population so welcoming, and the climate has obliterated my osteo-arthritis. (Yeah, the rheumatoid part is still in full...glory?)

Hoping everyone is well and happy. I'm in heaven!

How do I post pics?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint