Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Paddy's Bush Magik (Read 184 times)
prosaic
Topic Starter Topic Starter
Gold Star Member

I Love Cafe Poetica!

Re: Paddy's Bush Magik
Reply #12 - Aug 26th, 2008 at 10:25pm
Print Post  
Melody Dancer wrote on Aug 26th, 2008 at 10:09pm:
Hello, at first glance it is a calm and meditative scene until I start to take in the background images, as my eye rebounds off of the different textures my heart beats a little faster...then as I near the bottom of the picture with the solid green I am calm once more! This is a fantastic piece of digital art...had me going through a whole cycle of emotions...Without the mirrored effect though I am not sure it would be as powerful...

HI MD,

Thanks for your comments.

Yes, I too find green very relaxing (well, grass-green, rather than lime-green).

The mirrored effect does it all - else it is simply a happy pic. But I am delighted you like the effect so.

Thanks again.

ep.

IP Logged

Melody Dancer

***Niiiiiiiiice**

Reply #11 - Aug 26th, 2008 at 10:09pm
Print Post  
Hello, at first glance it is a calm and meditative scene until I start to take in the background images, as my eye rebounds off of the different textures my heart beats a little faster...then as I near the bottom of the picture with the solid green I am calm once more! This is a fantastic piece of digital art...had me going through a whole cycle of emotions...Without the mirrored effect though I am not sure it would be as powerful...
« Last Edit: Aug 26th, 2008 at 10:09pm by Melody Dancer »  
IP Logged

prosaic
Gold Star Member

I Love Cafe Poetica!

Reply #10 - Jul 8th, 2008 at 10:34am
Print Post  
DianeEsk wrote on Jul 8th, 2008 at 10:13am:
Prosaic,

Hi. This is an interesting shot. Before reading comments I was thinking Star Wars, a light saber laying on the ground would make a nice prop. Nice pic.

Diane

Hi Diane, Thanks!

Re: Jedism... The levitation assists the clothing methinks.

I shall find my light saber and re-shoot as soon as possible... if Paddy does not think it a stick and run off with it.

Appreciated, p.
« Last Edit: Jul 8th, 2008 at 10:34am by prosaic »  

IP Logged

DianeEsk
Supreme Member

Reply #9 - Jul 8th, 2008 at 10:13am
Print Post  
Prosaic,

Hi. This is an interesting shot. Before reading comments I was thinking Star Wars, a light saber laying on the ground would make a nice prop. Nice pic.

Diane

IP Logged

prosaic
Gold Star Member

I Love Cafe Poetica!

Reply #8 - Jul 6th, 2008 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
nas wrote on Jul 6th, 2008 at 4:36pm:
Hi P

Yes, definitely more Jedi Knight than English monk.

As for summer.. I think I blinked and missed it.

Yup and, err, yup Sad

p.

IP Logged

nas
Supreme Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #7 - Jul 6th, 2008 at 4:36pm
Print Post  
Hi P

Yes, definitely more Jedi Knight than English monk.

As for summer.. I think I blinked and missed it.

IP Logged

prosaic
Gold Star Member

I Love Cafe Poetica!

Reply #6 - Jul 6th, 2008 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
Hi Ren,

Thanks for returning,

>R> Yes. . .summer is often quiet. . .as people take to the outdoors, enjoy vacations/holidays. . 

ROFL!!! Amid this weather - obviously better Stateside than here in Blighty.

>R> .and hopefully bring us back. . .lots of poetry and photos to share!

Smiley Ah I see holidays as time off for bad behaviour, not more work. Mind you, have no hols at present so that's ok.

>R> Too right. . .not able to have a tattoo show through the dog's hair.  lolol  An airbrush design more right. . .

Smiley

>R> but the fact that they are as they were given by nature. . .ever the more beautiful.

Paddie is an English Springer Spaniel (a gun dog) but have much paler markings than most. He's certainly a handsome chap, yes. I shall pass-on your kind compliments when I next see him.

p.

IP Logged

duetsdove
Supreme Member

Reply #5 - Jul 6th, 2008 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
Yes. . .summer is often quiet. . .as people take to the outdoors, enjoy vacations/holidays. . .and hopefully bring us back. . .lots of poetry and photos to share!

Too right. . .not able to have a tattoo show through the dog's hair.  lolol  An airbrush design more right. . .

but the fact that they are as they were given by nature. . .ever the more beautiful.

Ren

IP Logged

prosaic
Gold Star Member

I Love Cafe Poetica!

Reply #4 - Jul 6th, 2008 at 1:18pm
Print Post  
Hi Ren,

Thanks for commenting. PT does seem quite quiet at present. I hope you and all are well?

>R> The dogs appear as attached twins to me. . .and their joined forepaws appear to be tattooed?

Yes, the mirror does give that attached view.

Apropos tattooing dogs' paws - well that would not show because of their thick hair. The more likely possibility would be a stencilled-spray onto that hair. However, I am pleased to say that Paddy has been spared such human vanities and these are his natural, very attractive, markings. (Not my digital enhancement - how could one enhance a dog's good looks?)

>R> Interestingly, I find the portrayal of the person as devout rather than disconcerting. . .

That was my view, too - looks like a monk.

>R> odd where we all go isn't it?  lolol

err. think I'll say nowt here!

>R> however, I do agree that the figure appears to be torso up and hovering. . .

Indeed - Perhaps a Jedi knight, rather than a Christian monk?

Thanks Ren!

IP Logged

duetsdove
Supreme Member

Reply #3 - Jul 6th, 2008 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
The dogs appear as attached twins to me. . .and their joined forepaws appear to be tattooed?  Interestingly, I find the portrayal of the person as devout rather than disconcerting. . .

odd where we all go isn't it?  lolol

however, I do agree that the figure appears to be torso up and hovering. . .

Ren

IP Logged

prosaic
Gold Star Member

I Love Cafe Poetica!

Reply #2 - Jul 5th, 2008 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
Hi Nas,

Merci muchly pour tu comments (it's National Franglais Day in southern Xanadu).

>N> Two dogs for the price of one Smiley

Yup, Cerbus is still searching for t'other!

>N>   (and very cute too ) and a cloaked featureless person stroking them.  It does feel a little disconcerting not seeing the person's face nor lower torso.  It's as if she (though could be a he) is floating in mid air.

Thanks - yes my thoughts. Would be good cut-out onto a new background.

>N> There is very much a feel of triangulation.

err, don't think I've trigged...

>N>  Even though the picture is rectangular it feels as if you start off wide and both sides narrow to a point on the person.

I'm in perspective! Yeah after all these years.

>N> It also reminds me a little of the masked wrestler Kendo Nagasaki (well know in 1960s or 70s) and you never saw what he looked like because he would never take off his mask.

I remember him. Tried to duff-up Mick McManus once (and Shirley). I would never have remembered him name without your prompt, though.

http://www.ldnwrestling.com/profiles/Kendo%20Nagasaki/grapple%20manual%20large.j...

The American Masked Magician is similar...

http://www.themaskedmagician.com/images/pic4.jpg

>N> There is a lot of expression and emotion on the dog's face and something poignant in the way the person is connecting with the dog and I can't quite decide whether the mirroring heightens it or if it would come across stronger in the original without the confusion?

I do not know - but I do know both the person and Paddy and I would say they much enjoy chatting.

Thanks Nas!

p.
« Last Edit: Jul 5th, 2008 at 5:36pm by prosaic »  

IP Logged

nas
Supreme Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #1 - Jul 5th, 2008 at 11:52am
Print Post  
Hi P

Two dogs for the price of one Smiley  (and very cute too ) and a cloaked featureless person stroking them.  It does feel a little disconcerting not seeing the person's face nor lower torso.  It's as if she (though could be a he) is floating in mid air.

There is very much a feel of triangulation.  Even though the picture is rectangular it feels as if you start off wide and both sides narrow to a point on the person.

It also reminds me a little of the masked wrestler Kendo Nagasaki (well know in 1960s or 70s) and you never saw what he looked like because he would never take off his mask.

There is a lot of expression and emotion on the dog's face and something poignant in the way the person is connecting with the dog and I can't quite decide whether the mirroring heightens it or if it would come across stronger in the original without the confusion?
« Last Edit: Jul 5th, 2008 at 11:54am by nas »  

IP Logged

prosaic
Gold Star Member

I Love Cafe Poetica!

Paddy's Bush Magik
Jul 5th, 2008 at 10:13am
Print Post  

Paddy's Bush Magik
(C) Kapulco
www.kapulco.com

20% resolution / Size

NB: This is obviously mirrored; I think, if I were doing it commercially, I would remove much background-symmetry. But, as it is not for sale (yet anyway! - probably never), I have not had the time.

Comments / Crits Appreciated. Thanks!

p.
« Last Edit: Jul 5th, 2008 at 10:15am by prosaic »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint